Wednesday, February 08, 2006



F.M.I.W!

Yahoo!!!

I love Wednesday's. Wednesday night is really my weekend. With so much sport going on on the weekends, not to mention week day training, my availability for social interaction is limited. Since I moved to within an acceptable distance for my friends to travel, Wednesday night's "old man's club", as my friend Crystal calls it, has been my contact with "the crew". It started as fairly sedate games of Risk (yes, the board game) with Woodie, G and Andy, but gradually P, Chalks and Jenks joined the fray, with the occasional guest appearance from Coxy and Stu. With the whole world's love affair with Texas Hold'em (WTF happened there?) it was inevitable that we would be drawn in, so that's where we start. Those that are eliminated usually wander down to the shed for darts until there's two left who usually decide the stakes aren't worth the boredom and end up playing one hand winner takes all. I've known these guys 20+ years and the fact that we all hang out is a source of great pleasure to me. Chalks, Jenks and I usually play the guitar for a bit, but Chalks has a kidney infection apparently, so will be MIA (again).

No comments: