Tuesday, February 07, 2006


Commuting.....

Warning!! Whinging ahead!

I've been back catching the train into the city since August last year and it is finally beginning to break me. It is a travel option fraught with inconveniences that add up to an occasionally unpleasant experience. Where I get on the train at Stirling is about halfway through the route, so the train is usually full by the time it gets there. This means I must stand fot the 10 or so minutes it takes to get to Perth. Not a problem. What does piss me off is people , who after sitting on their fat arses for the journey, stand up in front of me. I know it's a small thing but the fact that the 30 seconds earlier they get off the train is more important than courtesy grates on my nerves. Another thing I hate is when I'm stuck in the middle of the carrriage and my first two thoughts are a) God, I hope that smell is not me; and b) How can I get away from it?

On a lighter note, I had fun on the train home yesterday playing the "who was at the Big Day Out?" There's a tired look that you can only get from the Big Day Out experience, followed by a day at work, a tired, glazed smile, with a slightly puzzled look, as if to ask "Wha..???" :-)

No comments: