Monday, February 20, 2006

Arch Enemy required....


....enquire within

I am missing an arch-rival, a nemesis. In a world of karma, of yin and of yang, where is the Anti-Ranx? Nobody, is anybody until they have a real-to-life mirror, bad to their good and black to their white and vice versa. Superman has Lex Luthor, James Bond has Blofeld, Luke Skywalker has Darth Vader, but as far as I can tell, I have no-one. Even that annoying Pokemon kid has Team Rocket. No one is plotting my downfall, and I have no one's downfall to plot. How can I be taken seriously?

I can't imagine it would be a hard job. We could start nice and easy, maybe I could thwart them stealing my neighbours paper (I've always wanted to thwart someone), then they could cunningly steal mine while I was guarding the neighbourhood. That's about the excitement level that's required. The beauty of the arch enemy, is, even though I must oppose his (or her) every move, I can harbour a deep down, grudging respect and affection for him (or her).

OR. What if I am the well-balanced individual I've always tried to be? Then, surely, my arch-rival would be me!! Am I doomed to thwart my own plans for the rest of my life? To negate every plot I hatch ?? This bears more thought....

To the bat cave!

No comments: