Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Dispirited

I was originally tempted to title this piece "People are cunts", but thought better of it.
I receive a newsletter from news.com.au each day. Sometimes I click on a link and have a read of some of the reader comments. This is a bitter-sweet experience for me, because as well as reminding me that I am somewhere near the top of the pile of humanity in this city, it also reminds me that that is not really that difficult.

Two stories have really stirred the vitriol of the yahoos. The death of a 16 year old girl in a car accident last week and the road rage attack on a young mother and her two children this week. I really can't bring myself to comment further, other than to say that some of the comments sicken me.

I try hard every day to have faith that humanity is ostensibly good, filled with love and the universal spirit. The days I don't read the comments section, it is easier.

No comments: