Friday, April 20, 2007

Reunions



My regular Friday night shed-fest will be interrupted this week. I got an email a few weeks back from an old school mate who'd tracked me down via a school reunion site and, after some shuffling, we have organised a small get together for 4-5 of us at my place tonight. Sadly, neither of my old schools exist any more. I've never really been big in to the whole reunion idea. Maybe that's because nearly half my close friends have been beside me for 20 years or so, there's never been the drive.The year we turned 40, a few of us caught up, I think as an obligatory nod to the mid-life crisis, but that's about it.
I have been viewing tonight with some trepidation. I am never good with awkward social situations, I am absolutely crap at making small talk and have almost completely (deliberately) forgotten most of my teenage years. I thought that I would have Puddin' there as my firewall (he went to school with us as well) but the inconsiderate swine is on his honeymoon until late tonight! This morning, however, I awoke with a sense of anticipation. The focus has changed from worrying about what they will think of me to wondering what they've been doing (for the last 30 years!).


For the record, I am third from the left on the lower row of boys in the black and white photo and top right in the colour photo (Nice Paisley, I know). Peo, who made contact, is second from right in the row below me in the colour photo. Norm is far left, row 2 in the colour photo and 2nd from right, 2nd row in the B&W. Graham far right, 2nd row in the B&W.

No comments: